Monday, February 24, 2014

2014 Caribbean Cruise - NCL cards and pins

  Remember, they had crafts on the NCL Getaway?  Here are 2 cards I made from the card kit they gave us. 




   NCL gives away ship pins for Latitudes members.  On our cruise, met four sisters who collect the pins...and they've inspired me to do the same.  We told "The Sisters" (what we called them every time we saw them on the ship) that when we were on the Breakaway last October, the Room Steward kept leaving us Breakaway pins every day and we ended up with 6 of them.  The Sisters asked if we would send them some, so we did with one of the NCL cards I made.
  On NCL, the passengers can write in about staff members who were very helpful or stood out.  NCL calls these people Vacation Heros.  The Vacation Heros all get to wear a pin recognizing them for this achievement.  The Sisters all had a Vacation Hero pin in their collection.  Of course, I was "eyeing out" their Vacation Hero pins, now that I decided I was going to start collecting these pins as well.  Well, one of the sisters was able to snag a Vacation Hero pin for me!  LOL!!!
Here is my pin collection so far.
  We were on the Star for Alaska in 2007 and then again Western Caribbean in 2013;  Jade for Western Mediterranean in 2010 and then the Greek Isles in 2012;   Epic  for Western Caribbean in 2011 and then Eastern Caribbean in 2012;  Breakaway for Bahamas in 2013;  Getaway for Eastern Caribbean in 2014.  The only pin I am missing is the Gem for Bermuda in 2011.  The little red pin is from True North, our Canadian America's Cup Regatta ship.

1 comment:

  1. Lara:
    I have been looking for a NCL BREAKAWAY ship pin, do you think you could send me one. I would cover the postage and if you wanted I could pay you for a pin. If that could work let me know how much you think the pin should cost and I will let you know if I could pay it. Thanks Bryan

    ReplyDelete