Thursday, February 20, 2014

2014 Caribbean Cruise - St. Thomas/St. John

  The last time we were in St. Thomas, we did a kayaking/hiking/snorkeling excursion.  This time, we decided to just go on our own and make our way to St. John...where we heard has the most beautiful beaches.  One of the Cruise Staff told us that it is even better than the beaches in Maui...then he found out that I grew up on Maui and felt bad.  LOL!
  
  First, here are pictures of St. Thomas from our room balcony:



  To get to St. John from St. Thomas, we had to take a taxi, then take a ferry, then take another taxi to the beach.  It took us about an hour to finally get there.  The beach we went to is called Trunk Bay.
Trunk Bay
Kinda reminds me of Waimea Bay.
 

  On this cruise, we bought a new underwater camera.  We had a blast using it!




 After the beach, we had to do the return trip...taxi, ferry, taxi again.  Here I am on the ferry, leaving St. John.  What a great day!


  When our ship left port, a US Coast Guard boat was riding up and down the side of our ship. Not sure why, but they had some big guns!  On the plane ride over from Los Angeles to Miami, I watched the movie Captain Phillips about the Somali pirates, so it kind of freaked me out.  I had to keep reminding myself that we were in a US Territory and this was the United States Coast Guard.  LOL!


  So the verdict on the beach at St. John?  Not sure if it was the BEST beach ever, but it was one of my top 5.  And growing up in Hawaii, I am a total beach snob!  Can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment