Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2014 Caribbean Cruise - St. Maarten

  Our first stop of our Caribbean cruise was St. Maarten.  Last time we were there, we went to the famous "airport beach".  This beach is located at the end of an airport runway where the planes swoop down REALLY low to land and blast sand all over the beachgoers.  Sound like fun?!?!  It definitely was a unique experience!
  This time in St. Maarten, we did an excursion with the America's Cup Regatta.  On this excursion, we get assigned a job to do and then got to race another ship.  I worked the wench and my husband was a Main Grinder.  The two ships were the Stars and Stripes (USA) and True North (Canada).  We got assigned to True North and were disappointed at first, but True North won the regatta and I am now officially a fan of Canada!
  
  Here is a picture of our True North "crew".

  See how hard I am working the wench?  One had on the rope, and a beer in the other hand!  But I am intently listening to Captain Sean, waiting for my next instruction.  :-)


  The Main and Primary Grinder jobs were the most difficult.  See my husband's injury.

  This excursion was so much fun!!!  I would definitely recommend it if you visit St. Maarten.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment